At OTC we believe in tailoring our courses to meet each client’s specific requirements. The illustrative course outline below gives an indication of the type of course content that we’ve been asked to deliver. For more information call us on +44 20 7700 3330 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Strategy & Leadership Finance & Commerce Investment Banking
Introduction to portfolio construction
What is covered?
An introduction to the tools and techniques needed to help construct a portfolio of investments for private banking clients. Participants will look at products available and understand the risks involved in investing. Active and passive portfolio management will be considered as will benchmarking success.
Who will benefit?
Participants with an interest in private wealth management from an investing standpoint. A basic knowledge of financial products would be helpful when attending this course.
- Describe the process of asset allocation for private banking clients
- Understand the difference between the concepts of absolute and relative return
- Explain systematic and specific risk in relation to assets and how diversification of the portfolio can increase risk weighted return
- Use standard deviation as a measure of risk
- Consider portfolio construction in view of asset and product classes available to the private investor, including discussion around structured products (yield enhanced and capital protected) and financial engineering
- Consider the impact of market/industry cycles to returns in portfolios
- Discuss active verses passive portfolio management, and top down verses tactical security selection methodologies
- Identification of when and how to rebalance a client’s portfolio
- Identify methods of measuring success within a client’s portfolio, specifically benchmarking and its application