At OTC we believe in tailoring our courses to meet each client’s specific requirements. The illustrative course outline below gives an indication of the type of course content that we’ve been asked to deliver. For more information call us on +44 20 7700 3330 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Strategy & Leadership Finance & Commerce Investment Banking
Principles of valuation and modelling
What is covered?
This is a practical workshop-style course where participants build a fully functioning enterprise model of a real company and review the key elements of corporate finance theory.
Who will benefit?
Anyone involved in modelling corporate cash flows in Excel at work, looking to improve the integrity and functionality of their models. A reasonable knowledge of DCF and basic corporate finance is assumed.
- The principles of modelling best practice
- The key features of Excel that can be used to ensure modelling best practice
- Building an integrated enterprise financial model for a real client business
- Modelling sales and EBIT
- Modelling operating assets
- Understanding cost of capital
- Modelling capital employed
- Avoiding circular references
- Addressing financing and cost of capital issues including cost of equity, cost of debt and taxation issues
- Using financial and business analysis techniques to derive estimates for forecasting future cash flows
- Modelling terminal value cash flows
- Auditing your model – tools
- Running sensitivities and scenarios calculations, sensitivity analysis and “what-if” scenarios